NUFORMEX offers a unique work environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and professional growth.
We are a precision machining company located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, specializing in R&D and prototype machined parts and low volume production runs.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an immediate opening for a full-time (Days) for a Machinist, Machinist Apprentice or Pre-Apprentice.
SCROLL DOWN FOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position for which you are applying in the SUBJECT line.
NOTE: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Machinist must be capable of set-up and operate a variety of machine shop equipment, such as CNC mills, CNC lathes, manual mill and lathe, surface and cylindrical grinders. The Machinist is responsible for making and/or modifying products and parts with precise dimensions and close tolerances, adhering to quality standards.
The Machinist must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed and plan the best sequence of operations.
The Machinist is required to verify the dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
The Machinist reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a clean, team-oriented and unique technological work environment with a competitive wage, group insurance benefits package, life insurance, LTD, vision care etc.
The candidate shall have 4+years of equivalent experience, demonstrate attention to detail, be safety & health-conscious and own his or her own hand tools.
MACHINIST APPRENTICE / PRE-APPRENTICE
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be physically able to perform all the work of the trade and adapt to the job environment
- Must have a minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be self-motivated and be willing to work in a group environment
- Possesses good knowledge of mathematics
- Is mechanically inclined
- Has good oral and written communication skills
- Shows attention to detail and a respect for policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate a reliable and dependable work ethic with a commitment to quality
- Reports to and performs duties as described by the Shop Lead
The Machinist Apprentice/Pre-Apprentice performs some or all of the following duties:
- Machine parts as per design drawings
Compute dimensions and tolerances, measure and layout workpieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Make most efficient use of machinery and equipment, including the use of proper feeds, speeds and tooling
- Ensure daily and preventative equipment maintenance is maintained as required
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometres, verniers, callipers, height gauges, etc.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to Shop Lead or Manager
- Verify dimensions to specification and complete inspection reports
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Assist in setup of machines to ensure optimum output throughout the shop
- Maintains a safe workplace through proper housekeeping
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Tools/Equipment – Steel-toed safety boots